We are now offering Saturday Flu Clinics starting from 7th October!
Seasonal flu is a highly infectious illness caused by a flu virus. The virus infects your lungs and upper airways, causing a sudden high temperature and general aches and pains. You could also lose your appetite, feel nauseous and have a dry cough. Symptoms can last for up to a week.
You may be invited for a flu jab if you are:
- over 65 years of age
- a main carer for an older or disabled person
- living in a residential or nursing home
- or have:
- a serious heart or chest complaint, including asthma
- serious kidney disease
- lowered immunity due to disease or treatment such as steroid medication or cancer treatment
- if you have ever had a stroke
- ALL healthy children who are aged 2 and 3 years of age on 31st August 2017 – this is in the form of a nasal spray.
Our Flu Clinics can now be booked. You can book these on SystmOnline or telephone the practice on 01293 450400.
If you have any queries please contact the surgery.